Pages Cookies Muffins Pies Bread Tassies

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wire Work Class

We had so much fun last night!  As you know, if you read my blog, I enjoy lots of creative outlets.  Jewelry making is one of them. So last night my friend Lynnea taught a basic wire wrapping class that included some benchwork ( the steel block that you see in this picture). The bench is for pounding your metal....which I truly did enjoy.....you can get out a lot of frustartion by doing that!



So here is my first spiral wrap.....it turned pretty good, but I have to say I liked hammering it the best! Now I wasn't the only one who liked to hammer and pound.  I would say all of us ladies enjoyed doing that.  It really was group therapy!
This is the group shot that I took. From left to right: Lynnea, Star, Dianne, Elaine. 
Elaine is the owner of La Vie Boheme Bistro....where we had our class.
We also learned how to make a triangle head pin....and I would just like to say that Lynnea was patient with all us, especially with me because I needed extra help!  Thanks Lynnea.
Here is my open spiral that I finished off with some hand made lamp work beads.  It is all ready to be hung from a chain.  This wire work is so much fun...just another addiction to add to my list.  At least it is a healthy addiction!
Another group shot with me in the picture.  I had a great time and I look forward to the next class ladies!  I think Lynnea and I will teach a joint class at some point..... with a project that includes some bead work and precious metal clay. Do something creative to feed your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment