Pages Cookies Muffins Pies Bread Tassies

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

chocoholic

I don't know what it is lately, but I have been a complete chocoholic.  Now I seriously have an addictive personality and have kicked some more serious addictions like smoking, but I thought I had this chocolate thing under control.
Now the good news is I at least know that if I am going to indulge in chocolate it should be dark chocolate so that I can get the benefits from it.
MMMMM.......past the lips hello hips!

Dark chocolate has plant flavanoids....specifically a compound called epicatechin.  Now flavanoids help keep cholesterol from gathering in your blood vessels.  They can also slow down the immune response that leads to clogged arteries. 
Other benefits of chocolate include antioxidants. 
So when the urge strikes, you need to find a dark chocolate that has a high cocoa percentage because this has the most flavanoids and antioxidants.  Milk chocolate may taste good, but it has been processed more and does not contain enough of the epicatetechin or antioxidants to give you the benefits......just lots of fat and sugar and you know where that will end up...on the thighs, stomach, hips....need I say more!

Just looking at these pictures is making me want a nice thick chunk of chocolate!
So be a smart chocoholic....and eat dark.....your body will thank you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment